C9 Recruitment are currently recruiting for experienced PCV Mechanics/ Technicians on behalf of one of the major Coach Operators in Cambridge paying between £46-51K per annum.
As a PCV Mechanic/ Technician you will be joining a friendly family run coach operator with a fleet of 27 vehicles, taking steps every day to continually improve the quality of service that they provide. You will be joining a skilled close-knit team of dedicated technicians that help keep coaches in order ensuring every aspect of the coaches are met and exceed strict DVSA and VOSA standard with a company that is willing to invest in training and development.
PCV Mechanic/ Technician job summary:
- Working in a fully equipped, Spacious and busy vehicle repair workshop maintaining the companies fleet of modern vehicles on a rolling service schedule in-line with DVSA standards
- Assessing and resolve roadside issues and repairs where required
- Carrying out routine servicing and repairs
- Preparing vehicles for annual test
- Using the latest diagnostic equipment to diagnose faults and specify the correct method of repair
- Complying with all relevant engineering SOPs and VOSA testing requirements
- Maintaining and developing technical skills through on-going training
- PCV Mechanics/ Technicians must have a City & Guilds or NVQ level 2/3 in Heavy Vehicle Mechanics Maintenance & Repair or equivalent
- A Minimum of 5-year experience maintaining and repairing commercial vehicles such as: coaches, buses, HGV, LGV
- Working with diesel engines, gearboxes, hydraulics, power trains and electronics
- Ideally have a PCV licence or willing to be trained to enable road and brake testing
- Live within a commutable distance of Ely
- Monday – Friday: £22.49 per hour
- Overtime: £33.74 per hour
- Job Security
- 50 hours per week Monday – Friday
- Overtime paid for weekend and evening work after 6pm
- Free Parking
- Sick Pay
If you feel you have the skills and experience to do this job, please apply with your updated CV.