Course Overview (Course Code: PTRC0140)
Who is this for?
The course is particularly appropriate for recent recruits to consultancies, developers and highway authorities working in design and maintenance departments, also to engineering graduates and technicians working with highway engineers. As well as experienced engineers and technicians requiring an update of current legislation, processes and technology.
On completion of this course, delegates will have:
• An understanding of current legislation and standards relating to day-to-day management and maintenance of public highways
• An awareness of current design guidance concerning capacity and layout of Links & Junctions based on DMRB
• An overview of Tender & Contract procedures, Private Finance Initiative & Partnerships
• An understanding of the structural design and construction of road pavements and supporting foundations, based on DMRB
• As well as an awareness of the options and benefits of recycling road materials
• An awareness of the current requirements of CDM, and Health and Safety at Work and the Safety Audit Procedure based on DMR